Friday, January 26, 2018

TRIGGERS APROPOS to SELF HARM


Hello, I’m Lollie, a self-harm addict.
I have a pattern between increased stress which triggers my urge to self-harm. Sometimes triggers operate silently or subconsciously. I do ok when I’m occupied or remain calm or serene. Once something upsets me I’m off and running into self-harm episode which leads to injury if behavior goes unchecked. I have a whole gamut of things that lead up to what I call a self-harm attack which often lasts for hours or until it resets upon waking the following day.
I seem a little numbed out as to the direct effect of practicing self-harm. I recall that even causing bleeding, the main pain sets in afterward along with depression and increased self-neglect. Sometimes I harm self by other than physical means too. Accident prone is another way to say I self-harm, although it mostly operates on a subconscious level.

These are merely observations on my part and need not trigger anyone. I think it is helpful to become self-aware.


And more shall be revealed…

No comments:

Post a Comment

HOPE for BELOVED CHILD of SORROW and PAIN Poem

    I hope love and joy within lives anew. I’ve suffered soul-murder, rendering me askew. I was buried alive under guil...